Before I became a Raw Cosmetic Chef, I ran a little raw smoothie and desert bar in the eco community of Pacha Mama in Costa Rica. That period of my life was transformational and gave me the foundation and knowledge to do what I am doing today. This cake is inspired by my time at my little raw bar under the mango trees.
VERY BERRY RAW CAKE RECIPE:
1 cup almonds, pecans and walnuts mix
3 teaspoons coconut oil
3 teaspoons sweetener, honey maple or agave or date syrup
1. Blend everything together in a magi mix until it forms a smooth consistency.
2. Place the mixture on the bottom of a cake pan or in small individual cups.
3. Press gently with a spoon and place it in the fridge until the filling is ready.
2 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 1-2 hours
1/3 cup filtered water
1 cup fruits of your choice. You can use different fruits for different cake colors. Here, I have used a variety of Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries.
1 cup maple syrup & agave (start with less and add as you go) The quantities will vary depending on the selection of fruits For those that like to use date syrup, keep in mind that it will alter the color of your cake greatly and also may become heavier and a bit bitter. If you would like to use date syrup I would use 1/3 date and the rest maple or agave.
1/3 cup melted cacao butter
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 TBS Lemon Juice
1. Blend the cashews with the water and lemon in a high speed blender.
2. Add the fruits and blend again until a creamy mixture is formed.
3. Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil and add them in the blender.
4. Add everything else and blend until everything is smooth and creamy. Taste and check if the sweetness is exactly as you like it.
5. Pour over the base and keep in the fridge. It will be best if you leave it there at least for a day to harden perfectly. Or place it in the freezer and then remove it to the refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
6. Remember---If you are using a sweeter fruit, you might want to reduce the sweetener.